Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Semana Santa

How do Chileans celebrate Easter you ask?? The same way they celebrate everything else they eat and sleep and don't go to work! This week has been a great one. Here they celebrate easter the entire week. It is called Semana Santa, and I was honestly trying to remember if we celebrate the whole week in the USA or no... because I dont think that we do but maybe we do... ahh and if we do what is it called?? Holy week?

Any way this week was semana santa and we had a great week sharing the Prince of Peace video with lots and lots of people. My favorite thing about the easter campaign this year is the theme scripture which is:

For unto us child is bornunto us son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, CounsellorThe mighty GodThe everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

every description of the savior gets a little bit stronger and more powerful until at the end finishes with ¨prince of peace¨ and that really is so fitting for a description of Jesus Christ. He is so powerful and wonderful but we will always remember and need to be closer to him because of his gentleness, kindness and the peace he can bring to our lives. The hope he can give us in the difficult times. 

This week we taught so many lessons like we just walked from lesson to lesson and had zero time to even think which was great! Sunday we were able to see the fruits of our efforts with lots of people at church with us. We did a special musical number... well I played the piano and my companion sang it was good even though his voice cracked a few times and he felt really bad we could at least feel the spirit! HAha funny thing about my companion is he reminds me like 75 percent of nate he is just not quiite as funny but other that that it is like a chilean version of nate and so now I am just waiting for my turn with a chilean version of tanner. 

Chile is chilling out a little bit hehe. (If I used that joke last week I am sorry) but it has been wonderful it is like fall time here and we have been enjoying working in the good weather.

I hope that soccer is wonderful and that everyone is scoring me lots of goals. 

Lots of Love!!

Elder Holdstock

No comments:

Post a Comment