Monday, March 27, 2017

La Davila

Week one from the Davila has come to a close. Elder Lazo is super awesome and we have been having a great time together. Today I went on the metro for the first time because I had to go do a part of my visa. It was quite the experience. ya know in the movies when people are crammed in the bus and on the train?? That is real life. We were in a part of santiago that felt like new york city honestly.. They could film a movie there and nobody would know the difference.

I have started to study creole which is the language that the haitians speak because here in the sector there are quite a few haitianos. I know a few words but I still have lots to study and lots to learn!! The people here are awesome and super humble and love to listen about anything that has to do with Jesus or God. 

I am super pumped for general conference that is coming up!! We will be watching it in the stake center because when you live in chile you have to watch it at church not in your PJs at home. but I am stoked I have no doubt that it will be great. I have been telling people that on saturday and sunday that the prophet will be talking to us.. and they are just kinda like wait what?? And that really is a pretty incredible thing when you think about it. all these people know about abraham and noah and adam but they don´t know that there is an actual prophet hoy en dia. Which is a great blessing to us that we have leaders that are inspired and chosen by god to lead us. 

I hope the cruise was wonderful and that everyone came back fluent so that we can speak in spanish when I get home. Chilean homework this week will be to eat soapapillas with pebre (which is like pico de gallo but it is called pebre here and its made with aji instead of jalapeno) becuase they are super good. 

Everyone be good and do good deal?? 

Rip it Up.

Elder Holdstock

No comments:

Post a Comment