Friday, October 5, 2018

Give me a sign

I am pretty sad to hear about the news of grandpa. I am sure that he is doing well though. As I was thinking about him yesterday after president told me the news, At first I was kind of confused but then as I started to think a little more it all makes sense doesn´t it? From what I know about Grandpa Tim is that he is a pretty hard and organized worker. I remember that he always like to keep himself busy! I think that is why he was needed a little more quickly on the other side because the Lord is hastening the work and not only here.  

At different times during the mission I have actually taken some time to read a little bit about him just in the few pages that you could print me before I left about his conversion to the church. I am always so impressed by his story which is such an example of faith. As he was investigating the church the missionaries invited him to pray to know whether this was the true church and whether he should be baptized. Like a good investigator he accepted and then acted upon the invitation of those missionaries. Though he prayed and asked for a sign to know whether this was the true church he said that it never did arrive. Now acting on his faith he made a decision to put his faith and hope before his doubts and be baptized. He said 'how would I ever know if what they were telling me was true If I didn't do it?' 

I am sure grateful for that example of courage and faith. That decision didn't only affect his life but the life of many others including mine. 

Interesting that just this Tuesday I was teaching the plan of salvation to one of our investigators named felipe. Usually when we teach we dont go into tons of detail about the spirit world or the work on the other side because people get kind of confused and lost, but Felipe asked us.. what happens with people that never were baptized or taught the gospel on earth. So we happily explained to him how it is possible that those in the spirit world also hear the good news of the gospel. We told him that there were also faithful missionaries teaching the gospel to those that were searching it. And I am sure the Grandpa was already doing it. 

Give Grandma Janet a big hug for me! 

love,

Elder Holdstock

No comments:

Post a Comment