Monday, March 19, 2018

Whats happenin?? 

We have had a pretty crazy week! It has been really awesome and we have been really blessed. Violeta is doing well and so is Martina. They are loving going to church and are having a wonderful time in all of the activities as well. Juan is working hard to keep his streak going of not smoking. He is doing really great as well! We have found a lot of really great people this week as well that should be progressing here really soon.

On Wednesday we always play soccer for our weekly activity. Sam asked if I still have a good touch or if I lost it.... ummm a little bit of both.. unfortunately. haha but I still hold my own against the peruvians... But this wednesday we were in divisions and we were walking to the church for the activity when I saw on the other side of the street 3 guys that were a lot taller than the normal man in chile... then I saw that they were two boys and a dad.... then I saw that they were blonde.. and wearing soccer shorts and vans like gringos.... then I thought... those guys look a lot like my brothers! So I yelled across the street to them HELLO! and they responded.. ARE YOU AMERICAN?? haha so we ran over to talk to them. Turns out that they are living here in chile and playing soccer! They are from North Carolina. I told them that I used to play a lot and that we were actually on our way to play a little in the church and the dad said .... what are we waiting for? lets go! haha So I got to play soccer this week with two gringos. One was 15 and the other 13. It was like playing with Mitchell and Sam again :') (I didnt have my camera... but I took a picture with my other companions camera.. soo Coming soon)



Sounds like you guys are also having a lot of good times on the soccer field! Keep on Keepin on.

On saturday we had a funny morning.. a lady in our ward called us to ask us to do a quick service project. So we said ok and went over.. when we got there the hermano told us he needed to patch up some holes in his walls... we said great tell us what you need us to do and we will do it. He said but I dont know what to do... what do you think we should do? So Elder inofuente and I had to think up some creative way to patch up these holes.. we went with him to the home depot of chile.. and bought what we needed and went back and patched up the holes... it wasnt the most beautiful patchwork i have ever seen but we got the job done. It was just funny. I remembered the talk that president nelson gave where he said... 'Ask the missionaries. They can help' haha because the people do it! They asume we know the answers to everything.. including construction problems! we just try and do our best.

Youve just always gotta be on your best scout game.. and be prepared.

Hope everything is well and that it is getting warmer! It is starting to get a little bit cooler here but we are going to put the short sleeved shirts to work a little bit longer!

Elder Holdstock

No comments:

Post a Comment