Thursday, March 1, 2018

This week was fast and slow all at the same time.. Does that ever happen to you? When you are super busy and it seems like you dont have time for all the things you need to do but when it is Tuesday it seems like Monday was forever ago? Yeah that is what is felt like this week. But that is a good thing I think because it means we are busy doing good things. 

We had a training with president where he talked about how we can teach a little more simply so that people understand, that was in preparation for the trainings we will have this week with all the missionaries it will be really great to have this sort of vision for our teaching and will help a load.

We started teaching little family from the Dominican Republic this week. A mom and her little girls who are so funny. We showed them some magic tricks and they were convinced that we were cool after that. haha. Now they just want to see magic tricks when we visit them.. I guess it wasnt for nothing all that time I spent watching youtube videos on how to do magic tricks! The little girls get kinda sad when we leave though.. haha the oldest is 9 and the others are littler.

It is getting really hard for me to speak in english... Sometimes I talk in english with other elders on the phone and i cant really get out what I am trying to say.. rip... Did I sound like that in the skype?? I think I probably did but I have been with latinos for so long that  english is getting erased from my mind.. whoops. but I am sure I will learn it super quickly again!

One of the craziest things that happened this week is that I was on divisions with an elder from our zone and we were walking in our sector and out of nowhere a motorcycle ran into a car.. haha nobody got hurt but i think the motorcylist got a little distracted and didnt realize there was a car right in front of him. It made me remember when one time I was riding a bike back home... I think I was geocaching by myself if I remember right... and I was looking down at the GPS and I wasnt paying very much attention to where I was going and I ran into a parked car.. Nobody was around and it didnt hurt that much but it was just really funny! hahaha 

So moral of the story is that if you are riding a bike watch where you are going! And if you go geocaching take a friend with you!

i hope everything is doing well back home! And I hope you had the greatest birthday! The 23 of February is a special day for sure!! I am sure grateful for the example you have been in my life. How old are you now? 28 right? ;) 

Elder Holdstock

A picture of us celebrating moms birthday with icecream.


No comments:

Post a Comment