Monday, January 15, 2018

God Bless the Potato

This week has been a pretty crazy one! The change has been drastic from the country to the city. Everything is so much faster but I have been grateful for the new challenge I have. My poor little companion has had to learn lots this week because his first companion didn´t help him too much. But he is awesome and is learning really quickly what we have to do!

One of the highlights this week was that we were able to watch the funeral of presidente Monson. One of my most favorite things that was said was by his daughter. When she said that one day he saw a picture of himself in a Liahona Magazine and said 'I know that guy. He tried his best!' That was just such a wonderful message for me that the prophet of the lord is human as well and that he is called just as we are to do our best. The life of the prophet was full of sacrifice and of blessings. We look forward to Tuesday when we will once again be able to testify that we know the prophet. That we know his name and we know he is called of God.

On another note, (and explaining a little bit better my subject for this email) On tuesday another religious leader will be coming to chile.... the Pope. In fact he is coming to my sector.... oh no. haha I have no idea how it will be but what I do know is that while there will be many people hoping to catch a glimpse of the pope or el papa in spanish we should consider ourselves blessed to be able to hear from the lords chosen leader the prophet. Papa means pope... and papa also means potato so figure that one out...) 

We have been teaching a lot of new people this week and that has been our focus in finding new people to teach because when I got here there wasnt that big of a group that was really progressing. So we were able to find more to teach. In this sector there are a Ton of dominicans so shout out to Tanner Anderson cuz we are serving the same mission right now ;) actually there are less chileans here than there are foreigners.

I will keep you updated on those people that are doing well! Sounds like we took out the trash in soccer. and that jedi braid is lookin fresh.

Elder HOldstock

No comments:

Post a Comment