Tuesday, December 5, 2017

I'm a country boy again...


Nah not really. hahaha El Monte makes me remember a lot of stansbury and erda. It is kinda country kinda tooele kinda a little bit of everything. But it is really great I have loved it so far. It is a huge change from my last sector that was pretty interesting because not a lot of people lived there and lots of people were pretty rich. But here there are a ton of people and a lot who are willing and prepared to hear the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is kind of crazy to hear about snow at this time of the year because I am now wearing my short sleeve shirts and putting on lots of sun screen. I might even think about buying myself a hat.... but then again I dont want to look like a Jehovah's Witness.... 

This week was just a good week of what i like to call hitting the pavement... My companion is super young in the mission and was only here in the sector one change before i got here so we are kinda figuring out where things are together.. But he is a good guy. His name is Elder Calderon he is from peru!


Yesterday we had a really cool lesson with a lady who let us in finally because her husband was home (we had contacted her a few days before) But we found out that her daughter was in bed and has been in bed for a year because she had a tumor or something in her brain and it left her without the ability to walk... But it turns out that the missionaries were with them a few years ago.. and the mom said that just the other day she had been doing something and remembered the mormons because they were always so willing to help. Then a few days later we showed up at their door. Just goes to show that Heavenly Father really hears and answers prayers.

I heard a rumor that Sam has cornrows.... soooo I gotta see a picture of that. hope everyone has the best december and dont forget to Iluminar el Mundo!

Elder Holdstock

No comments:

Post a Comment